Rhineland workshop, Ca. 1065. Gilded and embossed silver and cedarwood
The decoration engraved on the gilded silver sheet with “S” shaped rinceaux that runs throughout the piece has provided the cross its name. This cross belongs approximately to the time of the beginning of the works of the Romanesque Cathedral and it has been attributed to one of the prestigious Rhineland workshops of the time. It is testimony and proof of the wealth of the medieval cathedral treasure, decimated by different vicissitudes throughout history.